Using Lucas Gravy Mix – 20053050
Product make up:
Beef Minced (80vl)
Gravy Mix - 20053050
(For a 20lb/9.0Kgs batch)
Vegetables should be blanched, before adding to the mix
- Cook the minced meat in 80% of the water until tender. Once cooked allow to cool slightly.
- Blend the gravy mix in the remaining 20% of the cold water to form a smooth blend.
- The water that has evaporated/boiled off should be replaced before adding the gravy mix.
- Add the blend to the cooked meat, stir well. Add the carrot, swede, mushrooms and onions. Bring to the boil and then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Cool as quickly as possible and fill into trays.
Pipe on Lucas Potato Topping Mix – 20053040.
- Bake the Cottage Pies @ 200°C/400°F/Gas 6, until internal temperatures each 72°C
STORAGE: Pies can either be stored under refrigeration or frozen.